Hello to all our friends and family,
I am going to use my blog to update Cyndy's recovery process. Most of you know that she fell from the stage at Blue Springs South High School, where she works as the choral department accompanist. The fall was three weeks ago. She suffered a fractured skull, bleed, concussion, and a cracked rib.
The accident occurred on January 9th and she was in the hospital until January 14th. She is under the care of several doctors. Her recovery is progressing, but much more slowly than she had hoped.
She saw a sports medicine head injury specialist on the January 28th. He explained the details of the injury and the process of recovery. We are going to see a physical therapist next week. The therapy will help her dizziness and lack of balance. She had an appointment with an ENT doc today, but had to cancel due to extreme nausea and stomach upset. The earliest we could reschedule was February 8th.
For the last three nights, she is had difficulty getting to sleep.
All in all, we are thankful that full recovery is expected. The difficulty with head injury is the doctors can't predict with any accuracy how long recovery might take. Cyndy is trying to be a patient "patient", but it is difficult. I am able to do most all of my work from home. Thus far, we have a family member come and stay while I am "doing church" on Sundays. I also have folks lined up to come if I am called away on an emergency.
Her appetite is limited and it is matching up well with my kitchen skills. We have plenty of food for now. I know many have inquired about a visit. Rest is her major job right now so we try to hold down visiting.
You are welcome to email Cyndy: cyndy.fisher@gmail.com. She thanks everyone all for the cards and prayers. You are also welcome to respond to this blog.
Sam
We welcome posts. Encouraging words are a big part of the healing process. The blog requires an identification. If you don't have one of the listed ID's on the drop down, I suggest you check out Open ID. You may already have an acceptable ID.
ReplyDeleteSam
Sam and Cyndy, you both remain at the top of our prayer list. The human body is a miraculous, Godly machine. To even begin to imagine what has to happen to each cell in order for healing to occur is mind boggling. Cyndy, this is now your full time job, and you'll be richly rewarded for each moment of rest that you allow your miraculous machine. Love you both! Jean and Tim
ReplyDelete