Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cyndy's Journey - February 7, 2013

Hi, everyone!  It's Cyndy posting this evening.  Sam has a meeting this evening, and just learned of a death in our congregation, so he has a funeral on Saturday.  With Lent coming so quickly, he finds himself with a really full schedule of Lenten Bible Study, Confirmation classes, and we are beginning a Read-the Bible-in-a Year with a good group of folks, too.  Busy time - he has been at my side 24/7 since this wacky head cracking thing, and I sure don't know how I'd have managed without him!!

For today's news, I saw the Ot/Pt lady (Heather) today and she continues to be very helpful.  Think the maneuvers she did on my head last time and today again are definitely making headway against the dizziness. I am so thankful, as that is the worst of the problems.  We worked on some exercises for balance today, and she had me walking w/o the walker up and down the hall - fast, slow, normal pace, and she would call out "look up, look right, look down, look left" - think I managed fairly well with that.  She did a couple of other things that I didn't like much (would hold my head and have me focus someplace, and then shake my head back and forth hard -  UGH) but it seems she can tell from how long it takes me to recoup from those little fun episodes how I am progressing.

I am getting around the house fine w/o the walker, which is great, and am feeling more secure daily.  I need to focus on balance and lack of dizziness this week and then we'll move forward!  I will see Heather every Tuesday and Thursday for however long it takes her to turn me loose.  I see the audiologist and ENT tomorrow to make sure my ears and hearing haven't suffered.  I also need to see an Ophthalmologist to check my eyes out good, too.  My right eye seems like it might not be tracking quite right - bummer.

This has turned into a saga - thanks for reading and for caring!  We are so blessed to have such a loving,caring family and chosen family - it just means the world and all to us.  It has been an interesting journey for us through this head trauma thing - don't recommend it!    Love to all,   Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment