Friday, March 1, 2013

Hi everyone!!  It's Cyndy tonight - with good news!!   I saw the neurosurgeon yesterday, and he said I was doing great.  He won't need to see me anymore.  Yeah!

Also saw Physical Therapist yesterday, and she feels I am making good progress.  Still some problems with my eyes making me a bit nauseated with lots of close up work.

Today, I saw the neuro-ophthalmologist, and he couldn't find anything physically wrong with my eyes, but said it can take a year (ugh) for everything that has gotten pulled, stretched, etc. inside the skull to heal.  He wants to see me in 4 months to see how I am doing.  They won't even check my prescription in my glasses yet - too soon.  He wants me to continue with the physical therapist, working on vestibular excercises (balance and sense of spatial orientation), which he says will help my eyes.

Lastly, today, I saw Dr. Dyck, the Head Trauma doc.  He is just wonderful!!!  He seems surprised every time I see him, that, having had the type of head trauma I had (always says "this wasn't just a concussion, you know - you had a skull fracture and a coup/contrecoup bleed in your brain!!) I am doing as well as I am.  For my age, as he always says, I have make remarkable progress in eight weeks!!  Has it really only been 8 weeks??  Seems like forever!!   He is fine with me trying to go back to work on a trial basis for a couple of weeks to see how I do.  He said start with maybe a half-day, and work up to a full day, as I see how I feel. 

His (and my) greatest concern is my eyes.  I have been practicing at home, and that has gone pretty well,   I still tire a little easily, but am sure that is mostly from lying around for 8 weeks!!  The last week, I have been doing some cooking and laundry, and that hasn't bothered me at all, so think I am ready to try going back to school.  I've really missed the kids!!!

Thanks to everyone for your love, prayers, and concern.  I will let you know how it goes next week!!

Much love,
Cyndy

No comments:

Post a Comment