Hello all, It's Cyndy again, letting you all know that we saw the audiologist and the ENT doc today, and all is well in that department. The only specialist left is ophthalmology, and we haven't made that appointment yet.
We had to wait a couple of hours in the ENT doc's office today, but he apologized profusely for that! Really nice doctor, and seemed very knowledgeable. He was much impressed that my PT lady had done that maneuver to help (really FIX) my dizziness. He said few PT people know to do that or know how. He even asked for her name and where we saw her! He, too, said he knows it sounds quacky, but it works! He said she stole his thunder, as that would probably have been exactly what he would have done for me if we had seen him first! Funny!!
So, all that remains is to work strength and energy back up, see the ophthalmologist (feel like perhaps my right eye may not quite be tracking like it should), back to the sports medicine head trauma guy, an appointment with the neurologist who saw me in the hospital, and then back to my main doc who has the final say about when I can go back to work. Complicated little schedule!! I also have up to 8 weeks of PT available to me (from Workman's Comp) but my PT doesn't think I'll need all that. Mostly working on balance and equilibrium now.
All for now - thanks for caring and checking in. I do really feel like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, now, for which I am extremely thankful. It seems like it has been an eternity, while in fact, it's only been a month tomorrow. The ENT doc said it could be 3 months before my brain is completely healed. Wow. He seemed to think I was doing great. That's really encouraging.
Again, thanks for all the concern, thoughts, cards, prayers, and love. We feel so blessed to be where we are. Can't help but think about how much worse it could have been.
Love to all, Cyndy
I'm so thankful that you are doing better. I put you in my prayers everyday. It will be so great to see back in Church. We miss you there. HUGS, Mary laurinat
ReplyDelete